Home

Monday, June 05, 2017

Things that are 37 Weeks


How far along: 37 weeks + 5 days

Total weight gain: At least 40 pounds per doctors visit.

How I’ve felt in my workouts: I ran/walked the Memorial Day 5k with Chase, Brad, Alli and Owen this past Monday. Then shortly after the run my right ankle really started to hurt. I couldn't put any weight on it, and walking up and down the stairs was a nightmare. I tried massaging it out and then Alli came over and massaged it which I think helped speed up the recovery. I finally went to the gym on Wednesday night and did a pregnancy arm workout, I would've gone to barre, but I didn't feel comfortable putting all my weight on one foot. I went for a short walk on Saturday morning and helped clean the church so I figured, both were beneficial.

Stretch marks: I've got them now. I knew they would come, it was just a matter of time. 

Best moment(s) this week: We took my dad out for his birthday, and I got to eat sushi. I'm good for another few months.

Miss anything: Being able to sleep in any position I want to and not having it feel like a huge chore just to get out of bed.

Movement: He's been moving quite a bit. I did notice on Wednesday he hadn't moved as much, but that he goes 5 days with lots of movement and then 2 days of quieter movement. My doctor didn't seem concerned, but reminded me to do a kick count if I was concerned with it.

Food cravings: I have an aversion to eggs now. Which is a bummer because I really enjoy our naked burritos.

Anything make you queasy or sick: Sometimes when I'm sitting I'll get nauseous or have an upset stomach. I think it has to do with where he's positioned.  

Have you started to show yet: A little too much. I measured at 40" at my last doctors visit. It could've been because I had eaten lunch? We'll see this week. 

Happy or moody most of the time: For the most part pretty happy, with some moodiness. I really think that these relaxations are helping me with not be stressed about the upcoming birth. I was reminded by my doula this week to make sure to stay calm and relaxed.

Symptoms: Swollen feet won't go away, even with wearing compression socks. I can't wait to see my ankles again.

Belly button in or out: Belly button is flush, doesn't look like I will be an outie.

Buys for baby: I bought a car seat cover, but unfortunately it doesn't fit. I have to get my sewing machine out and tighten it up.

Prayer Requests: I will remain calm and relaxed the next few weeks to allow pre labor to progress. 

Looking forward to: Another doctors visit, and hopefully to go play in the pool to cool off this week.
--------------
Chase and I are asking if you waited patiently with us and not asked for updates or asked if I've had the baby yet. This goes back to my prayer request of remaining calm and relaxed. Getting messages from friends and family asking if I've had the baby can do the opposite and even discourage me. We will let you know as soon as we do have the baby. TRUST ME!

No comments: