Home

Sunday, May 14, 2017

Things that are Week 34 + Mother's Day


How far along: 34 weeks + 5 days

Total weight gain: At least 36 pounds per doctors visit.

How I’ve felt in my workouts: On Thursday and Friday I went and walked a mile+. It was great to get outdoors and something I've been needing. It has been harder to keep up with most workouts as I'm tired most days. I also spent several hours weeding yesterday and that took a lot of energy.

Stretch marks: Still don't have any yet, but my stomach has been itching like crazy.

Best moment(s) this week: Got to see our cute baby on an ultrasound. It's the last one until he arrives. He's head down and we are pretty sure he's got my nose. 

Miss anything: Being able to move with ease. It's been harder to get up off of couches and chairs. I'm also struggling with putting shoes on and have to have my foot on a chair in order for me to get them on.

Movement: Yes lots, he's definitely squished in there, and he doesn't like me being in certain positions and moves a bunch to try and get me to move.

Food cravings: Again, I haven't really had an appetite. My doctor said that's okay just as long as I keep up with my fluids. I've been trying to drink 80-120 ounces of water a day.

Anything make you queasy or sick: I'm not sure what caused me to feel sick the other day. I think it was not having anything to drink the past few hours.  

Have you started to show yet: Of course. I'm at that stage where people are wondering if I'll have the baby right then and there. Or if walking will through me into labor.. Which can be frustrating. 

Happy or moody most of the time: Overall I've been happy, but like last week, just feeling exhausted.

Symptoms: Exhaustion, and I've been taking naps any chance I can get.

Belly button in or out: My belly button is now just flush. 

Buys for baby: We bought a crib mattress, and a baby monitor. We still have quite a few things to buy before he comes. But that won't be until next month.

Prayer Requests: That our little "Baby Ray" (Thanks to Chase's dad) will stay head down, and that I will have strength to carry him for a few more weeks.

Looking forward to: I have another massage this week, and we're finishing up our garden. I'm excited that we're growing zucchini, strawberries, green beans, and sugar snap peas.  I am excited to finish getting ready for him to come, and finishing up the decor of the baby's room. I wouldn't call it nesting, but I am anxious to finish because we're at that point that he could come at any time.

-----------------------------------------
**Today is Mother's Day. Though I've been told I am a mother and been wished a Happy Mother's Day, I still do not feel like I'm a mother. Instead of dwelling on something I feel I'm not, I'm going to love on my own mother today, and every day after. Because we can all celebrate our mom's every day of the year, not just the hallmark holiday of Mother's Day. **

No comments: