Home

Sunday, May 28, 2017

Things that are 36 Weeks

We're in the final few week countdown!



How far along: 36 weeks + 5 days
 
Total weight gain: At least 36 pounds per doctors visit, but it looks like I went down in pounds. Though I am measuring right on track.

How I’ve felt in my workouts: Working out is hard. I have been trying to still go on walks and do my weekly barre workout. I went to barre this past week, and got motivated to start walking at least 1 mile every day until baby comes.

Stretch marks: I got a few stretch marks this past week. We'll see how many more show up.

Best moment(s) this week: It was a good and bad moment... I had 2 appointments, one with our OB and one with our Doula. At my appointment with our OB, I got tested for group B strep, and then was totally caught off guard that he was also going to be checking me. Since I wasn't expecting that, I was in a serious amount of pain - did he use his whole hand?! Cause that's seriously what it felt like! Now I know he'll be checking at every appointment so I will hopefully be able to relax before that happens again. The other appointment with our doula, she helped reassure me and gave me much needed confidence, and I'm excited to have good labor support from both her and Chase.

Miss anything: Putting shoes on and not having swollen feet all the time. I just move my ankles, and I can feel that they are swollen and sore. I think that is one of the worst parts about being pregnant.

Movement: He loves to move and be active. He even likes to hide from the doppler.

Food cravings: I haven't been able to handle eggs for the past few weeks. I've been eating more Kodiak Cakes for breakfast instead.

Anything make you queasy or sick: I haven't been sick or queasy, but I have had headaches on and off all week, even with drinking plenty of water.

Have you started to show yet: Of course.

Happy or moody most of the time: Fairly happy, not too moody - except when someone is moody to me.

Symptoms: I've been getting more braxton hicks, and more pressure on my cervix. No heartburn (thank goodness!!) but exhausted. 

Belly button in or out: Flush, and sensitive when I try and press on that area. 

Buys for baby: I bought a car seat cover, and this great diaper rash cream called Calmoseptine, that is supposedly way better than Desitin or any other rash cream.We'll see if it lives up to its name.

Prayer Requests: That him being head down in my cervix won't cause any damages or delays after he's born.

Looking forward to: A long weekend with Chase. I am running/walking my first race on Memorial Day and am excited to do it with Chase. We also had a family get together this weekend. I'm also happy for weekly appointments with my OB - it means he's almost here!

No comments: