Home

Monday, March 06, 2017

Things that are 24 weeks + 6 days


How far along: 24 weeks + 6 days

Total weight gain: 23 pounds. I'm sure I've gained a few more, but I didn't check. I'm trying to not focus on my weight gain. 

How I’ve felt in my workouts: I'm adding this one from my friend Chelsy's blog. She is also an athlete and I thought it would be fun to incorporate my workouts into my weekly posts. I went to barre last Monday and it was pretty exhausting. I have noticed that I can't push myself as much as I used to. I have also needed to remind myself that my workouts have changed, and I need to focus on the needs of the baby rather than my needs of staying fit. I know that being fit and active during pregnancy helps labor and delivery go so much smoother, so that's what I'm trying to focus on.

Stretch marks: I have noticed some stretching near my belly button, but that's about it.

Best moment this week: Chase and I went to see the Lego Batman movie. I went in for a massage and adjustment. Chase and I had sushi with friends for her birthday and I stuffed my face! It was SO good! I know what you are thinking... "you aren't supposed to eat sushi," well that's only if it's raw fish, and everything we picked was cooked. We even had one sushi roll that was hot. It was so so good! I definitely got my fix for the next few months.

Miss anything: Being able to bend over. I now have to squat to pick things up - like sumo squat.

Movement: I have felt baby boy every day. Mostly at night and early in the morning. I asked my doctor about the spasms, and he said that it's the baby and your body's way of interpreting the movement.

Food cravings: I'm taking out the cravings part, because I haven't really been craving much. I have enjoyed eating my "naked breakfast burritos" (no tortilla, eggs, sausage and a little hash browns topped with sour cream, avocado, and salsa). I have been trying to get my body used to eating eggs again - since I started becoming intolerant to the egg yolk in 2015. I started drinking probiotics which has essentially taken away the intolerance. 

Anything make you queasy or sick: Not sick at all!

Have you started to show yet: YES! and more and more people are asking me if I am pregnant now.

Happy or moody most of the time: I've been pretty happy this week. Since I'm not working anymore, I have noticed being home all day that if I don't have a list of things to do for the day I get pretty down.

Symptoms: Nothing aside from my aching hips. Which I'm working at stretching and using a lacrosse ball to help massage the area that aches.

Belly button in or out: Belly button is still tucked in. I'm pretty sure it's going to stay in. Who knows I still have quite a ways to go still.

Buys for baby: I'm adding this one from Chelsy's blog. I already have a diaper bag, and a nursing cover that I bought a few years ago. But I finally broke down and bought a cute little outfit and I will post a picture as soon as I get it. It has given me great anxiety to buy things for baby boy. Just like pregnancy tests, I worry that my buying something will jinx this pregnancy.

Prayer Requests: I'm also adding this one from her blog. I don't think it's ever a bad idea to ask for prayers. I know there are lots of people who would love to help, and praying is one way to do just that. So my prayer request this week is for baby boy to continue to grow healthy.

Looking forward to: I am going to a local blogger meet-up this week that I'm excited for. We are also buying a crib and dresser this week. We've waited a long time for this, and now it's getting more and more real. I can't believe we're just a shy 15 weeks away.

No comments: