Home

Thursday, February 11, 2016

Things that are "Suck it, Sally Mae!!"

Normally I don't post exciting news like this, but I felt I needed to share this:


Chase and I have been going through Dave Ramsey's Baby Steps. We are on baby step 2 and have been for several years. We have been trying for a long time to gain some traction to pay off our debts. It wasn't until last year that I really strongly felt that we needed to get out of debt. Like this really strong feeling. For a long time it seemed like every time we start trying to pay more towards debt, God decided he would give us a trial of our faith, and want to know if we really were going to pay off our debt...

Well to prove to God that we were in it for the long hall, we have now paid of 2 student loans all while going through 3-IUI's and our first IVF cycle, July 2015-present. We feel we have been so blessed by all of this. That God is saying you are doing a good job. I think once He knows that your heart is in it, great things will happen, and you will be able to pay off the debt a lot quicker than you thought.

Source
Chase started driving for Uber last year, and now I'm going to be driving. We are hoping that will bring in some extra cash to help be able to pay more towards our debt! You gotta do what you gotta do to pay off this debt!

Though we have 2 more loans to go, Chase and I paid off his student loan tonight, thanks to getting our tax return. It probably would have taken us 1.5 months to pay it off if we hadn't gotten that extra money. This gives me such motivation to be able to pay more towards the other 2 debts, knowing that we are SO close to getting it paid off! 

I feel we have been so blessed with being able to pay for IVF as well as pay off our debts.

So in a nutshell, I'm saying "suck it!" to Sally Mae!

No comments:

Post a Comment