Home

Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Things that fell in chocolate...

"Fallen in Chocolate 5k" was a fundraiser for Alli's friend, Kalina who has ovarian cancer. You can read her story here. I am amazed at how people who have cancer can have such a positive outlook on life. She is beaming with life and is SO SO SO sweet.

Here are a few pictures before/during/after the race taken by Chase. You can see the one's my dear friend Alex took here. She is donating money that she sells from the pictures to Kalina and her family in her fight.

Photobucket
Alex getting ready for lots of good race pictures

Photobucket
Alli and I
Pre-race - matching capris and matching tops... Yeah we're twiners! :)

Photobucket
Pre race - listening to Kalina give thanks for everyone that is participating.

Photobucket
Getting ready to run! :) starting my time.

Photobucket
We did a loop and came back around past the finish line then did another loop and came back to the finish. This is the first loop done. LOTS and LOTS of hills! Hip flexors and calves are killing even after 4 days!

Photobucket
Alli coming in strong 
She has an awesome husband who supports her (you can see the back of him in the left cheering her on)

Photobucket
See the "I'm going to puke" face, every race. :)

Photobucket
Sprinting! Wanting to beat the lady to the left of me in the picture. Which I did...

Photobucket
I didn't get my PR, but I'm getting faster - with the amount of hills that we had too!

Photobucket
After running and cooling down for a bit, Alex wanted some good finish line pictures. :)

Photobucket
Running together as friends. :)

Photobucket
Alli is definitely smiling more than I am. :)

Photobucket
Alli and Kalina. Kalina even got her post treatment PR! :)

Photobucket
Even though I had just met Kalina, she was such a sweetheart to me, and couldn't thank me enough that I came and supported her in her race! :)

Photobucket
Me, Kalina, Alli

I had a lot of fun, even though those hills are killing me today! Oh my time was 31:28, not my best, but pretty good since there were several hills. Me + Hills = killer body! ;) Can't wait for the next 5k! Which one will it be? :)

No comments: