Home

Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Things that are the Beach - Pawley's edition Day 6 - Home

The rest of the week sort of mixed together..
Monday and the rest of the week was kinda rainy (so sad we missed a thunderstorm - those are seriously my favorite) 

so 

We headed to the Mall in Murrels Inlet to go slot car racing
Photobucket
Chase was blue, David was yellow, I was orange and Carolin was green. I think...


Photobucket
The track

Photobucket
If we happened to derail the car then we had to run and put our car back on the track. It happened A LOT to David and Chase... not so much for me or Carolin...

Photobucket

The Scores: 
1st - Chase
2nd - David
3rd - Carolin
and
I came in DEAD LAST!
I guess thoughts on being a race car driver like Dankia Patrick are over... 

Later that week we got a group of us to all go mini golfing...

Photobucket
This was the first hole - and apparently we were only allowed 5 in a group... We totally did 7! HA!

Photobucket
Chase and the guys (minus David)

Photobucket 
We all had a lot of fun! 

I think John took first, and then the rest of us followed by Joey taking dead last... 

Photobucket
Chase and I went out swimming in the evening and we didn't have a light on, but I could vaguely see weird tracks. I thought I was stepping on a crab (which hurts) and I turned our flashlight on and we saw sea turtle tracks - AND a sea turtle. You aren't supposed to flash lights on them or touch them because it can harm them. The houses that sit up directly on the beach have to turn their lights off by 10pm so sea turtles don't go the wrong way. 

Photobucket
PROOF
That my father actually will swim in the ocean with us... This was the only picture I got of him, and the only time that he came out when I went out. 

Photobucket
Carolin showing off her splashing skills

Photobucket
Can't get enough of the high tide! Best time to go! 

Except when the water is really rough, which happens to be the case for 95% of the time during high tide.

Photobucket
Sister wanted to take a picture of me, and that's when I saw:

THIS WAVE
Photobucket
haha, not so big is it!? lol

We also had our annual Ice Cream Social hosted by Cousin Rob and Carla

Photobucket
Hanging out before it was ready

Photobucket
The reason David looks so upset is because he hadn't had his fix of ice cream OR Settlers of Catan.

We also went back to The Hammock Shops to get our annual shirts...

While we were there we went into the place where Marvin makes original hammocks...

Photobucket
Marvin showing David how to make the end of the hammock (can't remember what the name of it is)

Photobucket
Smiling for the Camera

Photobucket
David and Marvin! 

Now David DON"T FORGET to send a postcard to Marvin! Okay!?

Then we finally get to the infamous sandcastle...

Photobucket
This is how it starts out...

Pawleysphotocollage
Then it slowly gets bigger

Photobucket
Chase and Carolin trying to get beat my height.


Photobucket
David and Carolin smiling for the camera

Photobucket
Is mine as tall as yours McCamie!? :) So sad we couldn't compete this year. She is well known for the beautiful castles she makes. 

Finally we had dinner together with my family and the house we shared the Sea Hearth with.

Photobucket
Barb's famous spaghetti! Loved it!
Apparently Carolin didn't!? Say what!?

Photobucket
So so so yummy!

Our drive home was longer than going out... 

Oh wait...

It was still 40 hours! Yeah folks... 40 hours there and 40 hours home = 2 full work weeks.

Photobucket
The first night we stopped somewhere and saw the sunset.

Photobucket
which was really pretty, seeing the suburban with it's door open too. :)

Photobucket
That night we drove through St. Louis and I took a picture of the arch. :) Can you see it?

Photobucket
Carolin and her Piggly Wiggly shirt...

Our drive through the rockies:

Photobucket
I don't remember ever going through these, except on a train with mom, when I was 5.

Photobucket
I-70 was pretty cool going through the rockies - The highway was split. The side going east was lower than the side going west.

Photobucket
Those mountain's are more like home!

Photobucket
YES! Almost there...


Photobucket
And I was doing a lot of this... 
(disclaimer - this picture was taken on the way out to PI, not the way home)


Photobucket
We saw a beautiful sunset on our way through Utah.

Photobucket
We also got to see the edge of Moab. 

It was a fun trip, but I don't think we'll be going with family again... Lets just say everyone was on edge by the time we got home! :)

I miss the beach terribly now... 


and to have soft skin again...


and soft hair...


Miss you PI! Till we meet again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say you have a great site and thanks for posting!…