Home

Friday, November 11, 2011

The Tram at Snowbird

Happy 11-11-11 at 11:11am. :) :) :)

So I subscribe to a lot of blogs that help me save money. That is one thing I can do to help our family get more for less. Plus it's a great accomplishment for me each time I can only spend $1-2 on product worth $10-20. Well one of the blogs said that Snowbird (one of the ski/snowboard resorts) was offering a free tram ride with a food donation. They were only doing it on the weekends and for a few weekends in October and then ending the first weekend in November.

I had been wanting to go for the past month. We were planning on going the weekend of October 29, but we checked that morning we were planning on going and Snowbird said the tram was getting a new paving (not sure what that meant). So we weren't able to go, sad day for me. Well after our exciting weekend with the Holyoak's and Ogilvie's for Halloween. Chase and I decided to invite them to come and ride the tram with us. Heck it was free. :)

It was cold, lets be honest. Snowbird had a sign that said at 11,000 feet it is 11 degrees. Guess where we were riding to?

I kept trying to get his picture on the tram but he would either blink, or move.
Photobucket


Me being really really cold!
Photobucket


See what I mean? seriously every time.
Photobucket

Going up
Photobucket

I was trying to get pictures of our "crew"
Photobucket


Look at how freaking cold it was~! Seriously!
Photobucket


Once we got up to the top the tram driver said he would give us 20 minutes to walk around and take pictures, and also asked us kindly to not play around because it would take a long time to get help if someone got injured.

Us girls in the warming hut
Photobucket

Freezing our bums off! :)
Photobucket


The Guys just chilling! :)
Photobucket


Then a few of us
Photobucket


See, again with the eyes. He must have been too cold! :) but then again I look like I'm in pain. haha. I actually was in pain due to my toes being frozen. Seriously 11 degrees!
Photobucket

Super cold
Photobucket

If you look closely you can tell it says 10 degrees!
Photobucket

Then finally a picture of the tram on our way down.
Photobucket

After the tram we all went and got hot cocoa and then went to our house and had games night. Played Rock band, and then played the game "Things". Pee pee and poop were a hot discussion. :) :) :) :)

If you haven't played it I HIGHLY recommend getting it! Seriously you will have a laugh attack. My face still hurts from laughing so much. :)

No comments: