Home

Monday, October 31, 2011

The Cougar Run

Logan convinced me to do another race about a month or two ago. Well it happened the second Saturday of October. It was for BYU homecoming. We got to run the parade route.

All the BYU fans with their families were sitting along the parade route. As we were all running the kids would stick their hands out for us to slap them as we would run by. It was so cute! There were a lot of people that kept saying "keep going". It was very motivating.

Photobucket

Right before the race started, it was super cold that morning!
Photobucket

Raydad was cold.
Photobucket

Hurley was shivering the whole time!
Photobucket

Logan was way ahead of me.
Photobucket

After Logan finished he started walking back the race route so he could finish with me. The whole way running (by this time I had picked up my pace) he kept talking to me telling me that I was going to pass all these people, and to keep going. Which helped, but then I started pushing myself a little too much and started getting sick to my stomach, almost as if I were going to throw up. Logan wanted me to pass this older couple, but they started speeding up too. I beat my time in August by 2 minutes! I was so grateful that Logan came to run with me, it was nice having that motivation.
Photobucket

Hopefully by next year I'll be about 30 minutes for a 5k. That would be super nice! :) I gotta keep at it. I might need to start working on my stride more and it would be helpful to invest in a new pair of running shoes.
Photobucket
That same weekend I had been battling a really bad aching jaw. If you were to zoom in on this picture you would see that I wasn't even able to bite down all the way. I couldn't chew for almost a whole week. I had been cooking soft foods so that way I wouldn't be in so much pain. Thankfully my wonderful chiropractor that I have been going to since I was 16 was able to get it all worked out. I only ended up going twice and after leaving the office the second time I could actually bite down without it hurting. I am seriously amazed at what he can do. I don't even think the actual doctor could have done that. The doctor probably would have referred me to my chiropractor. But the downside is I still have to wear my blasted mouth guard. All because I like to grind my teeth when I sleep. :(

No comments: