Home

Monday, August 01, 2011

Blanding 2011

Chase has been wanting to go back to Blanding Utah (of all places) to visit and have fun. I have not wanted to go because it was never fun. All anyone wanted to do was play card games. I could really do that at my own house, ya know? But, most of Chase's extended family lives there. Grandparents included.

We found out sometime last month or the month before that the Palmer side of the family was going to have a family reunion. Chase really wanted me to meet the Palmer side. He still needs to meet my mom's side of the family, but since the reunions happen to be in West Virginia every summer, it's sometimes hard to get to... You know $$$ can be an issue.

Chase asked his uncle Eric if we could stay with him. He was so excited to have someone stay with him in his big house! :)

Anyways the reunion happened to be at a pavilion all day, and the nearest bathrooms happened to be (what seemed like) a 1/2 mile away. seriously... AND the seating was hard and rough. They did serve us breakfast lunch and dinner. Which was good.

The night before we visited Grandma Kartchner and Raydad and Mom P were there as well as Chase's uncle Eric. Earlier in the day they had found these 3 kittens in the backyard under several pallets.

Photobucket

It seems the mom had either left them there or had possibly gotten eaten by a coyote. So sad. After getting home we found out that the 2 black ones had died. :( So sad. That's something you don't want to hear about. We at least tried to keep them alive by giving them food.

Photobucket

Mom P playing with other kittens that Grandma had just adopted. This one loved to cuddle.

Photobucket

Here's everyone at the pavilion just before dinner

Photobucket

When we arrived in the morning there was this big puddle under the swings. Like huge. Maybe it was more like a little lake. By the afternoon ALL the kids were playing in it. There was another reunion at the next pavilion to us and a lot of their kids were playing in it. It was pretty gross and muddy.
Photobucket

I just had to get a picture of the kids playing in it.
Photobucket

This is the park where we had the reunion.

After breakfast we went back to G-Ma K's house to go potty and to meet Eric so we could go jeeping to find some geocaches.

Photobucket

The first one was a bit of a hike from where we left the jeep! Sure glad we had a jeep and not our car. We have already high centered the car and also burned the clutch a little from geocaching. Too much on that car.
Photobucket

Apparently this is where the scouts go camping. They all hike in and then lower their stuff and camp in there. Pretty neat if you ask me.
Photobucket



Photobucket

The cache was hidden in these rocks somewhere. I didn't want to hike down and possibly hurt myself because I was only wearing capris and chacos.
Photobucket

This is me waiting for them to climb back up.
Photobucket

Photobucket


After we went to another one that was right off one of the roads.
Photobucket

The jeep
Photobucket

The loot
Photobucket

It was hidden in a rock by the tree
Photobucket

Pretty cool view

After we headed back to town (me and my bladder became better friends), and then headed out to Reservoirs. There are 2 small ones and then a huge one called Recapture Reservoir.
Photobucket

Us headed out there, on lovely dirt roads.
Photobucket

So blue, and inviting!
Photobucket

I SO wanted to swim.
Photobucket

Back of the head shot. He's got a nice head, right?
Photobucket

Me in the back. Loved the "AC" that was given to me! Good thing my hair was pulled back!
Photobucket

Us going up a HUGE hill. Love jeeping!
Photobucket

After we went up one and came back around I told Eric, now it'd be cool if you could go up backwards. Guess what he did?! Oh you're right, he totally went up in reverse! Totally fun! Probably not for Chase, but more for me! :)

Photobucket

Later when we got back I snapped a picture of G-Ma K and her yellow house with the kittens outside.
Photobucket

Then got a picture of Lily (I'm pretty sure that's her name) She seriously wanted to lick my face off. Good thing I didn't let her... She is known to pick up dead animals and chew them. Jordan (Chase's cousin) was really grossed out by it.

Once we were all back at the pavilion for dinner we sang to Grandpa Palmer because his birthday was on the 24th.
Photobucket

A Picture of his cake!
Photobucket

It was actually really really good. I held back from getting seconds!

Then I just had to snap a few of these 2! :)
Photobucket

They had a good talk. It was so good to see them! We haven't been able to see Grandma and Grandpa Palmer for a few years.

I'll just say that this trip to Blanding was SO much better than the other 2 trips we've had. Maybe, just maybe, I'll be coming back to Blanding another time. Only if we can do more stuff like that and get out and enjoy what Blanding has to offer!

No comments: