Home

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Big Race

Saturday was the race I have been waiting for the whole summer. It had only been the previous week since I had started actually running 3.1 miles. I was a bit worried because I knew that the first part of the race was uphill. Well Saturday morning we get there around 6:40am and my mom tells me that they've changed the route. It starts up the hill a bit further but then went down through Lindon Park and followed the horse trail. It was pretty fun. Here's the route if you want to see it. My time was 35.50, which came out to be about 11.45 a mile. I was worried because when the people in charge said they were changing it and they said it would be down to that park and back I knew it would be downhill the first 1.5 miles and uphill the last 1.6 miles.

Photobucket

Us just a few feet from the starting line just waiting. It was quite cold outside before the race.
Photobucket

Nice and tired! and cold. Michael couldn't race because he had hurt his knee and him being so old (he will probably say something to me about this) he didn't want to hurt himself any more. :( I SO would've beat him anyways! :)
Photobucket

David running ahead. Got a good pace! He ran it in 26 or 28 minutes. I can't remember.

Photobucket
This is us all smiling for the camera.

Photobucket
Enjoying ourselves! Maybe ask us that after the race and see how we feel. :)

Photobucket
My friend Jen ran the race too. I told David he should probably keep up with her, and he did!

Photobucket
Even after tripping he still caught up to her. David took 5th in his age group. Maybe he'll want to beat all those other boys at another race. He's pretty fast.

Photobucket
Blurry for action right? :)

Photobucket

Got lots of cheers while running. Even when I was on the horse trail there was a family outside watching the runners and I turned and waved to them and they gave me encouragement and started ringing a cow bell. Funny!
Photobucket

Eyes closed, nice one Chase! :)

Photobucket
Gotta be breathing!and listening to my pumping music!

Photobucket
We started cheering for Carolin and she started running faster! YAY!

Photobucket
She was about 10 minutes behind me. That was the same time I had my first race.

The day before I had talked to Mom Palmer and knowing that Logan was running his 1/2 marathon I thought both Raydad and her would be going to support him. Well she said one of us will be at your race and the other will be at Logan's. That made me happy. Only wish my dad would have been there. He doesn't read this so I can say that I was mad he wasn't there to show his support. All you DeArmon's out there can push him around a little for not coming, just tell him I said so! :)

Carolin had a few problems while running. She had gotten into a car accident a few months ago and during the race (maybe from all the stress??) her chest started hurting really bad. Like the same way it felt after the accident. So she wasn't able to keep up with me. :( Next time I hope! There will be a next time right, Carolin?

After the race Chase told me that he had been worried that I wouldn't be able to make it. Like I would have fallen down or something. Well the only person who fell was David. I think he tripped.

I am running another 5k here because our stake is putting one together. 7:30 the gun will sound. We'll see if I can beat my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment