Home

Monday, June 27, 2011

Moab 2011

Last month Chase and I went down to Moab. Here's some pictures! We had a TON of fun! We totally missed our little goggie! He seriously would have loved to go with us too! :(

"Lets start from the very beginning..." No I'm not going to break out in song. Any guesses on what movie that's from.. Just popped into my head as I was writing this.

So we stayed at the OK RV down in Moab. It's on the south south side of Moab. Like almost leaving Moab south.
Photobucket

Just imagine a tent there. Okay? I remembered after we had it all set up the day we arrived, but then totally forgot to take a picture.

Photobucket

Yes that is totally a cocoon
Photobucket
Look at all them caterpillars! On our tarp! The lady warned us before we even signed in. She said "I hope your not afraid of caterpillars! Cause there seems to be a lot of them this year." Yeah, thankfully we didn't eat any. We found I think 5 or 6 or 7 (maybe more I can't remember) cocoons on or around our tent! That's WAY too many!


First Day:
Photobucket

We went to Balanced Rock
Photobucket


Photobucket

See its falling over... lol
Photobucket


The first things you see when you head into Arches:
Photobucket

Tower of Babel I think that's what it's called
Photobucket

Pretty sweet right? The Three Gossips

Photobucket

My okay! Chase and his brother used to say this when they were little. We say it now in our house, it's kinda funny. Anyways this is called Turret Arch, I think.
Photobucket

Chase loved getting photos of me. By the time we reached Delicate Arch I was tired of him taking pictures of just me. Not that I was tired or anything. These were all pretty easy hikes.
Photobucket

While Chase was setting this picture up another guy asked if he could take our picture for us. Chase said no thanks, then after Chase said that the guy said the last time they were here his friend did the same thing and his camera blew away, and smashed. Thankfully that didn't happen to us.
Photobucket

We had an Italian couple take a picture of us. They were able to understand me asking them where they were from, and they said Italy. I asked where, and they didn't answer. I hope my english isn't that bad! lol
Photobucket


Photobucket

Another picture of me alone.
Photobucket

Then I got one of him!
Photobucket

Don't worry I was having a fun time. The picture doesn't do me justice.
Photobucket

And another one of him
Photobucket

And another, mwahahah

Day 2: Saturday
We decided Saturday that we were going to take it slow in the morning, and then be able to hike to delicate arch by the afternoon/evening so we could see the sunset.
Photobucket

We first hike to landscape arch, not a bad hike
Photobucket

On our way back to the car it started looking gloomy - the forecast was supposed to be scattered thunderstorms. :S As we headed out we stopped at Sand Dune Arch
Photobucket

It was really windy love the hair right?
Photobucket


Photobucket

Feet in the sand! Oh it was nice and cold!
Photobucket

Then we stopped to get a picture at Fiery Furnace Viewpoint and it started sprinkling a little. After that we went to go eat back in Moab. We were both tired, and Chase wanted to find a geocache. Well we walked on the bridge hoping to find it, and no luck. But I got some pretty neat pictures.
Photobucket

See the nice brown Colorado River?! Wouldn't want to go swimming in that!
Photobucket


Then we headed back into arches, taking our sweet time. Filled up our water bottles, trying to get ready for the hike to delicate arch.
Photobucket

Me at the Upper Delicate Arch Viewpoint
Photobucket


Photobucket

Giving me tongue
Photobucket

Hiking to delicate. Almost there! Seriously right around the corner and up some rock stairs
Photobucket

So pretty!
Photobucket

It was my very first time hiking to Delicate Arch. I have only been to Moab 1 other time and it was when I was like 8 or 9.
Photobucket

Us under it, huge right?!
Photobucket

Just can't get enough of it! I loved it and it was so pretty and huge!


We were going to stay till sunset, but my bladder decided to disagree with me, so I about ran the whole way back to the icky bathrooms... aka pit in the ground!

Chase and I had a lot of fun being together, and I think we'll make this a tradition to go camping down in Moab. We'll most likely do it again when the weather was cool like it was in May. Seriously it was perfect weather. I don't think I would of enjoyed it that much if it had been any hotter. One thing Chase learned from our time at Arches is that, we need to enjoy it because one day it won't be there anymore. Who knows when delicate arch might fall down or any other arch. It was so great to be able to take time to visit the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment