Home

Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Carolin: Sweethearts and Graduation... OMG!

So my little sister (really not little anymore) decided she was going to do more activities while being a senior in high school. She did a lot. She competed to be a "sweetheart", was in a drama play called Finding Hardwick, and then last but not least... She graduated. She also hurt her foot during her play and has to wear a boot for 6 weeks (we're guessing, the doctor never said) because she broke part of her toe. She also was in a car accident a few days before graduation. We feel really bad. Here's some pictures:
The High School
This is a lovely picture of Carolin eating some cake, she had a really pretty yellow dress

Then a few months later, my little sister decided she was going to graduate from Seminary, AND also High School. Here are a few pictures for documentation purposes.
Here's some of Carolin's Seminary Graduation:

Photobucket

One with just the parents
Photobucket

One with everyone minus Chase
Photobucket

Then one with just us - yup me without make-up.


Then onto Actual Graduation:
Photobucket

On the big screen!
Photobucket

Walking to get her "diploma"
Photobucket
Facing Michael to get a picture taken

So after graduation we were planning on meeting Carolin on the main floor, well they told us that we had to meet them upstairs. While we were taking forever, Carolin decided she was going to go get her diploma, which meant she returned her gown. When I saw her in the hall, I was so upset. Everyone in my family could not understand WHY I wanted pictures with Carolin in her gown (I mean seriously it's graduation, a big step in being an adult- you must have proof that she did graduate right?). So I made her go and try and "give back" her diploma so that she could get a gown. Well the guy that was in charge of the gowns let her borrow one and told her she needed to be quick. How nice of him! These next few pictures are proof that a big sister knows best! :P
I just want to also say that it's too bad they switched from guys wearing blue gowns and girls wearing red gowns to a custom gown. I couldn't let my sister borrow mine. :(

Photobucket
Zipping up her gown, and she's still kinda mad at me for making her go back and get it. You can totally see it in her smile! ;)

Photobucket
Got her diploma

Photobucket
Proof that she's the only one (who rented) and got a picture with her actual diploma
Photobucket

Dad and us kids - yup I am officially the smallest in the family, David has outgrown me!
Photobucket

More pictures
Photobucket

The whole family - minus Chase
Photobucket

Carolin being funny, only I'm smiling for the camera
Photobucket

One with the parents, awww so dang cute! :)
Photobucket

Thumbs up cause she's been graduated!
Photobucket

One with Chase and me
Photobucket

She loves to make this face a lot
Photobucket

Finally got one with Michael smiling
Photobucket

One with friends and a dress she got at Savers and is VERY proud she only spent 4 bucks
Photobucket
Holding up her graduation gift from Mom and Michael

Chase and I got her a envelope system like I made for myself a while back. Her's is WAY cuter! But like me I totally forgot to take a picture of it. grrr
Happy Graduation Sister Carolin!

No comments:

Post a Comment