Home

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Been a while eh?

Sorry it's taken me SO LONG to create a post. People probably think we've gone and decided not to blog any more... Well that ain't true! There are many reasons why I haven't blogged in the past month! (crazy right?!) Lets see there were finals (a really hard one in fact), I started a new job, I took the TEAS test, turned in my nursing application (story for another day), and went on a trip to Moab with my wonderful husband! :)

I do have some good news and bad news to share.

Which should I give first? The good news or the bad news?

Most want good news first so here goes... 

Good news is we started doing infertility testing. Got the basics done, you know blood tests, pelvic exam, sperm count. Those are the basics. Everything checked out almost normal.... which leads to the bad news.

The bad news is we have a problem getting pregnant (which you obviously knew seeing as it's taken us almost 2 years of trying with no success). The doctor told us that we have 2 options, do what's called an IUI, which is $300 a pop is about a 30% of getting pregnant (we did research online to see what the chances are for getting pregnant doing it this way), or keep doing what we're doing. I don't want to hear from anyone else that we should somehow magically get $300 so we can get it. It's a 30% chance! That is LOW! I've had many people tell me that we should try it. Well to be honest, that is 70% of it NOT working. What frustrated me the most is the fact that a lot of those people telling us we should try it weren't listening to us. They were trying to fix the problem rather than listen to our emotions. I mean we were just told that the only way of getting pregnant is to get an IUI, not getting pregnant like how God intended for it. If you want the details, great shoot me an email and I'd be glad to give it to you. It's just our blog is available for all eyes, and it's kinda something you don't want to tell the whole world you know?!

4 comments:

J N H said...

it has been my life long fear that I won't be able to have children. It's serious. And it's hard to accept. I think esp for the woman. Your body was made to do this! You should be able to do this w/o modern medicine, right?! I'm sorry. I have no advice, I have no suggestions. Just understanding of the fear you have. I'm sorry it's your burden to bear. "Whom the Lord calls, the Lord qualifies" I think you of any spirit can handle this trial and come out shining. Hang in there!

Chris and Paige Evans said...

I've seen lots of couples our age struggle with infertility since we moved here to LA and every single one of them has been able to get pregnant whether naturally or via a more complicated process - modern technology (and the hand of God) is wonderful. Thinking of you and praying that you'll be able to start a family sooner than later.

Danny said...

Praying for you and Chase. I can't imagine what you are going through but I know it must be so hard!

Kim said...

That is so difficult Tedi! I, too, will pray for you and Chase.