Home

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Come join me at Camp Floyd!

This is what we did yesterday for fun-ness!!!!

My Mom, Michael, David, Chase and I went to Camp Floyd to attend a Geocaching event! We started at the Gift Shop, paid our dues and got the first coordinate. It took us to this tent.
Photobucket

I know the pictures aren't great, but Chase didn't warn us.

Then we got sent to the old school.

Photobucket

It was really pretty on the outside.

Photobucket

After the school it took us right back close to the beginning.

Photobucket


We found the real cache right behind this statue.
Photobucket

After getting the coordinates for the next one it was about 3400 feet away. So we got in the car and drove to the Camp Floyd Cemetery which was about 3400 feet away.

We then went out of our way to go to this cache! I was the one who found this one. Apparently my Dad telling me I had a good eye has really paid off over the years! ;)
Photobucket


On our way back to the car we found this one which was SUPER easy.
Photobucket

After we entered the next coordinates it took us to the Camp Floyd Hotel. We entered in the next coordinates and we walked around. Sadly no pictures. :(

We then went to the Fairfield Cemetery which was the next cache. While Michael and I were entering in the coordinates for the next cache, Chase was off looking for this real cache. But I was the one who found it again. :) Be careful of the electric fence! They warned me as I was holding onto the barbed wire. No worries no injuries!
Photobucket

The coordinates that were entered at the cemetery led us to Camp Floyd Pavilion. Then it took us back to the Gift shop and we ended our geocaching event. :)

Thanks Michael, Mom, and David for coming and joining us!