Home

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Chase's Birthday - Almost 2 months late!

So Chase's Birthday was August 18. He was lucky enough to turn 25. He's old right!? ;) I tried, like I always try, to make his birthday special. His birthday fell on the week that I went to Education Week at BYU. Which on a side note was probably the best education week that I have ever been to! It was so uplifting and I learned so much about how to better my relationships and finances, and to organize.

We went to the Village Pizza (I think) place for dinner near where we live. We got the best BBQ Chicken pizza. It was really good. I also made him this VERY Chocolaty cake that was so rich and delicious! I got the idea from this blog.Please don't judge what it looks like on the outside, because darn it! It tasted so good!

So I bought kit-kats to go around the cake. I thought that I could leave the chocolate in the car for maybe 15-20 minutes withouth being all melted, ya didn't happen. (haha, middle of the summer, what was I thinking?)

Here's the birthday boy MAN!
Taking a first bite!

Chase's Birthday was on a Wednesday and since Chase's family always goes out to dinner for everyone's birthday (and am hoping this will never end, even when we have little grand babies running around). I opted to not do dinner on his birthday because I figured that he'd want to spend it with me. Is that too hard to believe?! :) So we went Thursday instead. Chase gave some options and everyone agreed to Texas Roadhouse! YUM! And if you know Texas Roadhouse with birthday's you'll know they have birthday peeps sit on a saddle! and say "lets give them a big YEE-HAW!" Yup, Chase and G-Ma Kartchner (she didn't and was too embarrassed to) got to be YEE-HAWED to. I happened to be too early when taking the picture, so it wasn't the best photo. 
He loved his new shirt so much that he decided to wear it the following day.
Grandma was super embarrassed. That's why her eyes are tightly shut.
Logan, Grandma, and Mom Palmer. I call Chase's dad Raydad too...
Birthday fun! 
Raydad, Chase and Me.
G-MA Kartchner and Mom Palmer

I would've shown the one with Logan and Jenny. But I felt like since they aren't together anymore, I shouldn't cause anymore pain to his big heart! :)


I threw Chase a birthday party on the Saturday after his birthday. I was expecting a lot more people to show up then actually did. :( So we made TONS of food, and had lots of leftovers! We had fun playing some water balloon volleyball, and some minute to win it games too! But most of all we just sat around and talked a lot! Oh yeah! I totally forgot to take pictures of his party! Opps! I hope that doesn't happen next year!

I really hope Chase had a great birthday, and knew how much he is loved by me and by family! I hope he had a lot of fun too! :) LOVE YOU BABE!

No comments: