Home

Monday, August 09, 2010

Restaining - Table

Here's the story behind this...

I have been trying to re-do things to start selling. Like distressing furniture, making something that looks crappy into something that looks fantastic! You know you have 1 or 2 pieces lying around that you have been meaning to get rid of, but can't give it up. That's where I come in (and several hundred other people). Anyways. I was filling some holes on a shelf on a few different sides. I wasn't even thinking about it and left it on the kitchen table to let it dry that night. Chase got up the next morning and tried to move it and he thought that it would move pretty easily, but it wasn't he actually had to "PUSH" it to get it to move. Sure enough it left lovely unstained marks on our kitchen table.I guess I will tell you how blonde I can be sometimes... I read on the wood filler can that you can use acetone to take off the wood filler. Not thinking that it would do any damage I used nail polish remover (because it has acetone in it) on the table, and sure enough it totally took the polyurethane coating off the table. I saw that and went hysterical balling my eyes out, knowing that I had "ruined" the table, and thinking that Chase would be more than mad at me. I called him up, and he was calm and said it was alright and not to worry and that he would be able to fix it. I still felt bad for a few weeks until it was finished. But what he did I think was by far better than what was originally there.

Here's the 2 spots, sorry if they are a bit blurry. I used my phone so I could send a picture to Chase to show him what damage I did to the table.






It had to happen the week before I went to girls camp. I told Chase he could work on it while I was gone, to give him something to do. Well he did an awesome job.

Here is what the table looked like before:

Here's what it looks like afterwards:


Looks pretty fancy right? Chase went for a modern look. What do you think? Do you think it looks better or worse? Don't mind if you hurt our feelings. ;)

No comments: