Home

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Movie Review - Fireproof


I have seen many of my friends blog about movie reviews and then rate the movies. The movie that we just watched a few weeks ago (I know I'm bad at actually getting these blogs done when I actually do something) was called Fireproof. It has Kirk Cameron (who played on Growing Pains back in the mid 80's early 90's). I will be honest the acting wasn't the best but the message behind it is what really got to me. It's about this fireman Caleb in attempt at saving his marriage. His dad takes this "The Love Dare" challenge which takes about 40 days, and tells Caleb that he should do it. There is a different challenge for each day. One day was don't speak ill to your spouse, and another was call and check to see how they are doing.

Caleb's (Kirk) main problem that he struggled with through the entire movie was how do you forgive someone who rejects you. He eventually figured that out because his dad mentions Christ, because Christ forgives us all, even those who may reject him. Watching the show I felt very strongly that I needed to share this particular point. When Caleb (Kirk) was talking to his dad he mentioned how hard it was trying to take the 40 day challenge, and how he didn't want to have to go through life using a crutch. He was referring to Christ, which says so much to me, because a lot of us go through life trying to get by without His help. He is ultimately going to get us back to our Heavenly Father. He atoned for us so that we may all live again as families. I honestly don't know what I would do without Him. This movie has strengthened me and how I need to go about living my life with Chase. It is SO important to communicate in marriage, and to love each other no matter what happens. If you are in need of a marriage booster then this is the movie to watch.

I give this movie an 8.5 out of 10. Mainly for the message that was presented.

Before I forget here is the site that was helpful.

No comments: