Home

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Ward Ladies Night Out

A few weekends ago the relief society put on a ladies night out. They have done it for a few years, and each time we have gone up to the BYU Lodge up past Sundance. Well this year they didn't want to spend the money for just a 24 hour period. So we had it at the church. It was awesome! I made a soup which was great, and I tried about 6 others they were all so good! I signed up to make a modge podge star, a boo frame and a joy frame. I signed up for the star because I had never used modge podge before and thought it would be a fun craft too! It was way easy! and super cute too! You can thank American Crafts for the paper. :) It's all because I work there. :)

Usually with crafts I tend to not spend a lot of time on them and just want them to get done really quick. Well with the star I made myself take my time.


The Joy frame was unbelievably easy! It was a frame with paper background and then we put vinyl on the paper. Easy right?
I usually try to shy away from Halloween, because of the scariness, and because it's all about being someone else and getting candy for it. Such a commercial holiday. That's mainly why I don't like it. Anyways I thought this was a way cute frame, and had to make it.

A week or 2 later my mother-in-law called and said she had a lot of extra witch hats that she had bought but doesn't know when she will have the time to get around to making them. She asked if I wanted to make a few. I said yes. Here's a picture of the boo frame and witch hat. I actually had a lot of fun making them, and made one for a few people. :)

Here are the 2 that I made
Here's the one Kathy made.
Here's 2 of the 3 that she made.

I had a lot of fun making them. I really do enjoy making crafts, just as long as there is a pattern that I can follow. :)

1 comment:

  1. So cute!!! You are definitely a "crafter"! I still haven't gotten to my projects! Maybe my halloween ones will have to wait to next year!

    ReplyDelete