Home

Friday, February 20, 2009

UVU Dancesport

Earlier this week I signed up with a guy, Ray, in my American Social Dance class to compete in the American Bronze Cha Cha at UVU Dancesport this weekend. Since I am unable to dance with Chase since he is Gold, I had to find someone else.

In ballroom they have different levels; bronze, silver, gold. Since Chase has danced for so many years he is at the gold level. I am just starting so I'm at the bronze level. Each level you learn new steps along with some new dances. At the competions you need to dance the steps that you learn for that level, if you are dancing within a syllabus, whereas open you can dance whatever with the steps of the dance. If that makes sense. Last night I think 1 or 2 couples got disqualified because they weren't dancing within the syllabus.

Anyways, Ray and I danced the Cha Cha and made it to the finals! They went from quarter finals to finals, instead of quarter finals, semi-finals then to finals. Well we got 5th place!We are way excited! Ray had never danced before this class, and I had only taken a Bronze Latin before this (and some help from Chase). So to make it to the finals the first time. I think it helped that I knew some of the judges. :) YAY for us! My next goal is to become a gold and to dance with Chase! At least once before I end my career as a ballroom dancer! ;)

I have pictures but I have been too excited to wait so I will post those later!

3 comments:

  1. That is so awesome! I didn't know that you two even danced! I am jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is super sweet! Way to go Tedi! I think you probably just become a proffesional.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats...that sounds like so much fun! I'm sure you'll be GOLD before you know it! I left you an award on my blog...check it out! Have a great Friday (YEAH)!!!

    ReplyDelete