Home

Saturday, November 22, 2008

All Good Here

So after our lovely trip down to St. George it was back to school and work, for me. That's pretty much all I have been doing. Either studying, catching up on homework that I forgot about, and trying to watch movies with Chase. School hasn't been too hard this semester. The only class I am having trouble in is Chemistry. I am doing so well in my nutrition class, it's seriously because I have an awesome teacher. It has made me think a few times whether I want to really be a nurse or not. Sometimes I just don't think it is worth it, by putting myself through hell just to get A's. I mean in order for you to get the grades sometimes you have to repeat classes 3 or 4 times. I know college is hard, and I expect it to be hard. But sometimes when you think you know something inside and out, and go take your exam, and end up bombing it. Let me give you an example. My Chemistry teacher does in class quizzes, homework (more than my other teacher), she explains the concepts in depth and teaches on our level. I am getting A's on the quizzes and the homework, yet when I go in and take the test, I get 70 out of 100. Why don't teachers make the homework and the quizzes harder so you know what to expect for the test? Is it that hard to do? Maybe I would do better if she gave us examples on some of the questions and how to figure those out. Now that I have vented...

Chase's business hasn't been getting a lot of business, seeing as the economy isn't doing too hot. No one wants to spend that extra money on buying a dvd, or getting a wedding video. So he started looking for a job and after a few weeks found one at Security Metrics in Orem. He is loving it! He even got a bonus yesterday, just cause the whole company had an awesome month! Its seriously been nice having extra cash to buy things we need, to get the car fixed, and paying off our debt! I feel rich, even though it's not that much extra. But at least i'm not stressing because we don't have enough money to pay for gas.

Last weekend we went down to my dad's house to play Rock Band 2 with my Brother and Sister. We had a lot of fun they had a lot more songs (and better ones I think), and now we want to get it ourselves. Dad also treated us to some good stir fry! That same weekend we went down to my mom's for dinner. We have a tradition of every 1st Sunday to go to Chase's parents for dinner, and then every 3rd Sunday with my Mom and Michael for dinner.

A few weeks ago Chase and I set a goal for ourselves to work out for 15-20 minutes every morning for 3 weeks. The catch is that we have to wake up at 5:30am in order for both of us to be able to work out together. We decided on doing it in the mornings because by the time we both get home from work and school we are exhausted. Since both of us are horrible at setting goals and then not ever following through on them, we decided to give ourselves a reward, not food, definitely not. But something more than that. Chase wants to get an ipod touch, and I have been dying for a peacoat for the longest time. I think Chase and I set some high rewards, but hopefully it will get us up and moving so we don't end up getting diseases or diabetes. What's funny is even though we set rewards, and they are rewards that we both are wanting, we are actually getting up and exercising, and we have only 2 more weeks to go! YAY!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Chase! Fun to read your blog. Ours is Johnandjuliebeth.blogspot.com - come visit!

    ReplyDelete