Home

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A few updates...

This past month I started school at the wonderful Utah Valley University. This semester I am retaking Chemistry, and Math 110 (through BYU Independent Study). I am also taking Nutrition, a Chemistry lab, and Latin Ballroom. I thought ballroom was going to be so much fun. My teacher was so nice and she was FUN! But then yesterday we got the sad news of getting a new teacher. That has never happened to me before. So the new teacher Megan, is a little bit of a witch, and onrey! She seems so strict, and she doesn't show that dancing is supposed to be fun, so now everyone hates her. Thankfully I have a pretty good teacher that I live with, yup that's right, Chase! Last Thursday him and I went to the practice that they have for all the ballroom and social dance classes. Chase and I almost got hit quite a few times.

Chase's business had to move back into our apartment. Let me say it's a little crouded in our spare bedroom. Well let me just say it's a little crouded in our entire HOUSE! We had a lot of our storage in that bedroom and now it's either in Chase's parents storage, or in our bedroom. The first week was actually really stressful for us. Chase and I both hate it being back in our apartment, but it's something that had to happen.

Chase started donating plasma this past week for some extra cash. He hasn't had any problems with his arms, and the first time he donated he was there for almost 5 hours! I definitely wouldn't recommend donating for the first time at night, cause all the regular's come in and they bump you down to the end of the list. Chase said he watched 3 movies while he was waiting for them to call him back. The second time he went he was only there for about an hour and a half.

I've had to put all my scrapbooking on hold because of the semester, plus I want to do other stuff. The one page that I did a few weeks ago was pretty cute! It's of Chase's mom's dog, Zoe.
That pretty much sums it up on what we've been up to. We might be headed down to St. George with the Provo Ballroom Team at the end of next month. But besides that nothing else is going on! Hope you all are having a great week! We'd love to hear from you!

3 comments:

  1. Hey you! Glad to hear that everything is going well for you. I can't believe you are retaking Chemistry? Do you have Dr. Thulin again? I am taking O chem from him. Quite the wild ride. I hope that I see you around soon! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cameron donates too except out here they are doing a bonus for those that have the complete vaccination for Anthrax, which of course, Cam does. Each donation he gets $265!!! CHACHING! I donated until December when I told them I had severe pain in my upper arm (you know I can handle needles and pain and being stuck) and they just blew me off to the point where I wanted so badly to rip the cuff off and rip the needle out. I hollered and said MY ARM FREAKING HURTS! Lo and behold the needle wasn't in the vein and I only had a little bit left so they went ahead and pumped the rest of my blood cells into my ARM not the VEIN and I had a good sized bruise for a month on my entire upper arm and part of the forearm. Very painful! Yuck! But, donating is the best way to get extra money. That first appointment IS DEFINITELY the pits. We had to make an appointment and even so we were there for 6 hours. It sucked!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that page of Zoe. I want a copy of it!

    ReplyDelete